Note: This article was originally published in our Spring 2019 edition of our On Call newsletter, and has not been updated.
The College launched a public consultation on proposed changes to the Fees and Remuneration By-law on March 28, 2019.
The College has proposed to raise membership fees from $2,193 to $2,550 for all classes of registration other than Inactive. This represents a $357 increase effective October 2019 registration renewal. The Inactive class of registration will not be affected by these changes and will increase at 2%, as per the existing by-law.
The College is looking for your feedback, the consultation is open until May 30, 2019 and all members of the public, stakeholders, and midwives are invited to share their thoughts, click here to read more about the consultation and to leave feedback.
The College does not expect any future funding from the Ministry and has made the following efforts to reduce spending in all areas:
- Cuts have been made to Council expenses.
- The President of the College will no longer receive a stipend but will be paid on a per diem basis only.
- Our Committees and panels are meeting electronically wherever possible to eliminate the costs of in-person meetings.
- Council has eliminated a training day, which will result in reduced travel and accommodation costs.
- Operational cuts have been made to the College’s budget as well as a hiring freeze.
- College staff will forego any merit increases for the next two years and will have their benefits reduced.