The Position: Registration Coordinator
The College’s registration team ensures consistent registration practices through the establishment of fair and transparent processes. Under direction from the Manager of Registration, the Coordinator takes full ownership of the registration of applicants and management of member files in accordance with the provisions of the Regulated Health Professions Act, the Midwifery Act, College’s Registration Regulation, College’s By-laws, and registration policies. The Coordinator works with the registration team to achieve the mandate of the department and strategic direction of the College and is responsible for implementing decisions and policies of the department and College.
The position package includes:
- Salary – $56,703 to $68,045 depending on experience
- Excellent benefits including vision and health insurance
- 3 weeks paid vacation
- Personal/Sick Days offered
- One extra paid week off over the December Holidays
What you will be responsible for:
- Acts as a College resource on registration matters and processes applications for registration and renewal ensuring accuracy and completeness
- Maintains processes to ensure that Registration Committee decisions are implemented in a timely and effective manner and in accordance with the Regulated Health Professions Act, the Registration Regulation, the College’s By-laws and registration policies
- Maintains and manages applicant and member data as it relates to registration and ensures the Public Register information is up-to-date and accurate
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of the College’s policies related to privacy and information management and ensures compliance in all relevant work Program Coordination
- Liaise with members, applicants, and stakeholders in a timely manner and prepares correspondence, files, and statistical reports for review
- Processes accounts payable/receivables, tracks collections and creates invoices
- Maintains a case tracking system and updates tools and templates
- Administers exams including registering candidates, securing locations, hiring proctors, disseminating results, and communicating to candidates and stakeholders
Data Management & Analysis
- Timely input of required information into the database and develops and updates registration information for the College’s website
- Assists in the development and continual maintenance of the registration database and maintains a system and procedures for paper and electronic files
- Assists in the creation of content for the newsletter, annual reports, website, webinars, and presentation materials
- Supports the manager in their oversight of Committee and Panel work including administering the logistics of all meetings, preparing, and distributing materials, tracking issues, recording minutes, and maintaining committee files
- Supports briefings and the decision writing process and provides orientation and training for committee members
What makes you the Ideal Candidate?
- You can work independently and collaboratively with the ability to insert yourself into all aspects of our work
- You have a high degree of attention for detail
- You have knowledge of data management systems and procedures
- You have knowledge and ability to work within a legislative framework
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
- You have exceptional data entry skills with demonstrated speed and accuracy
- You are able to quickly and accurately proofread documents
- You can multi-task and change priorities while still achieving thoroughness and accuracy
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You are able set priorities and organize work effectively to meet deadlines
- You have a proactive approach to work and independent problem-solving skills
Preferred Education and Experience
- University or College Degree
- 3 years of relevant experience
- Experience working for a not for profit, regulatory or health care environment is preferred
- Previous experience supporting members, boards, councils and/or committees
- Knowledge of health care system is an asset.
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Statement:
The College of Midwives of Ontario is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage all qualified individuals who identify as part of an equity seeking group to apply. We are committed to a barrier-free, equitable, and inclusive recruitment process and workplace.
Our goal is to ensure our College’s Council and staff team are reflective of the diversity of the community and we welcome any feedback in this regard.
How to apply:
Please submit your resume to Katherine Taylor at email@example.com.