The 2021-2026 Strategic Framework is a high-level statement of the College’s vision, mission, outcomes and key priorities over the next five years. It paves the way forward for the organization, builds a stronger sense of common purpose and direction and a shared understanding of why we exist, what guides our work, and what we want to achieve as an organization.
A leader in regulatory excellence, inspiring trust and confidence.
Regulating midwifery in the public interest.
Our Strategic Priorities
- Regulation that enables the midwifery profession to evolve.
- Effective use of data to identify and act on existing and emerging risks.
- Building engagement and fostering trust with the public and the profession
Key Outcomes We Are Expected to Achieve
- Clients and the public can be confident that midwives possess and maintain knowledge, skills and behaviours relevant to their professional practice and exercise clinical and professional judgment to provide safe and effective care.
- Clients and the public can be confident that midwives practise the profession with honesty and integrity and regard their responsibility to the client as paramount.
- Clients and the public can be confident that midwives demonstrate accountability by complying with legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Clients and the public trust that the College of Midwives of Ontario regulates in the public interest.
Our Guiding Principles
These interrelated principles define how we strive to work as an organization. They shape our culture, our relationships with the public, midwives, and our partner organizations.
We make fair, consistent and defensible decisions, incorporating diverse and inclusive views.
We identify, remove and prevent systemic inequities.
We act openly and honestly to enhance accountability.
We act with humility and respect and apply a lens of social justice to our work.
We allocate resources proportionate to the risk posed to our regulatory outcomes.
We translate opportunity into tangible benefits for the organization.